The Institute for Knowledge and Innovation Southeast Asia (IKI-SEA), is a Bangkok University Center of Excellence operating as a not for profit organization. The IKI-SEA combines leading-edge academic research capability with in-depth business experience to provide practical and effective business solutions to the private and public sectors, both here in Thailand as well as throughout Southeast Asia.
Through the use of our in-depth business expertise and practical real-world experience we provide measurable organizational performance improvement. We help Thai and Southeast Asian organizations effectively implement and leverage their Knowledge Management, Organizational Creativity, Organizational Learning and Innovation Management initiatives. We provide support to a Southeast Asian community of people interested in Knowledge Management, Organizational Creativity and Innovation Management.
We provide consultancy, trainings, seminars, workshops, facilitation, coaching, and advisory services to help organizations in implementing and leveraging their Knowledge Management, Innovation Management, Organizational Creativity, and Organizational Learning strategies and projects. We have in-house subject experts in a number of business domains, as well as access to an internationally-based network of affiliated experts in both Knowledge Management, Organizational Creativity and Innovation Management fields.
- To become an internationally recognized center of excellence in the fields of Knowledge Management, Organizational Creativity and Innovation Management.
- To be the leading institute in the South-East Asia region and consequently to be the partner of choice for organizations looking for research, support, collaboration and advice in the KM, BC and IM fields.
- Attract the best researchers in the world to work with us and to develop close partnerships with cutting well renowned International excellence centers.
- Raise awareness about the benefits of implementing KM, Innovation, Organizational Creativity and Learning strategies in Thailand and in other South-East Asian countries.
- To build a South-East Asian community of people involved in KM, Innovation Management, Business Creativity and Learning initiatives (strategic and operational).
- To help Thai and South-East Asian organizations to implement and to leverage their KM, Innovation and Learning initiatives.
- To develop and transfer expertise in applying cutting-edge research and practical real-world experience to produce measurable improvements in organizational performance and innovation.
The Institute for Knowledge and Innovation (IKI) was founded at the George Washington University in 2001 by Dr. Michael Stankosky (Professor at the Engineering Management and Systems Engineering (EMSE) Department) and Dr. William Halal (Business School). At the time, the George Washington University was the first university in the United States to offer a Master’s degree and Doctorate of Science in the new emerging field of Knowledge Management. Feel free to visit the I2KI Web site to learn more about our parent institute.
In 2007, Dr. Vincent Ribiere (Director for Asian Activities at IKI) moved to Thailand and with the help of Dr. Lugkana Worasinchai and of Dr. Aurilla Aurélie Bechina Arntzen founded the South-East Asian Branch of IKI (IKI-SEA). In 2009, a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) was signed between the IKI of the George Washington University and the South–East Asian branch of IKI (IKI-SEA) hosted by Bangkok University in Bangkok, Thailand.
Among its various activities, the IKI-SEA:
- Founded and animates the iklub
- Founded and animates “Creative Bangkok” week
- Founded and publishes the iKNOW Magazine
- Publishes the IKI video Talks
- Created and manages the PhD KIM Program
- Created and manages the Master in Business Innovation (MBI)